Work at Dimensions Family School
Dimensions Family School is an educational support center serving homeschooling families in downtown Durham. We are often looking for part-time teachers and mentors, and occasionally hiring full-time positions (particularly for Fall). We are a holistic homeschool support program with a diverse group of students. All class sizes remain small, at a maximum of 12 students.
If you have experience with teaching or child development or are are a subject matter expert with an advanced degree, feel free to reach out – we are often looking for excellent staff members.
If you have been out of the workforce for several years, this will not be a detriment to considering you for the position. Please apply! Dimensions seeks to support parents in re-entering the workforce after taking a break for family care. Stay at home and homeschooling parents, as well as parents with other part time employment, are welcome to apply. Dimensions Family School is committed to retaining a diverse staff and student body; therefore, minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Paid positions may include care for your own children during work time (negotiable, if needed). This position will work between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday, September through May, with optional Summer Camp hours in June and July (times may vary). Paid planning time is covered, as well as a benefits package.
If you would like to apply, send an email with your resume attached and a cover letter that includes the following information:
- Your hours of availability 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday, and compensation requirements
- The ages and subjects you prefer to teach
- An optional paragraph about your experience or related education with the student ages/subjects described above
- A paragraph that sums up your educational philosophy
- Ask a question you have after reading the Dimensions Family School website
- Explain how you would handle setting up an activity that will engage a classroom with students that are two years apart or have significantly different academic abilities or learning styles.
- Describe three materials you would consider vital to your classroom.
- Part or Full time Discovery (4-6 years) Teacher
Hiring for Fall 2017:
- Spanish Language teacher
- Part or Full time Discovery (4-6years) Teacher
- Foundations teacher (Early and/or Upper Elementary)
- Outdoor Forest Kindergarten/Elementary Teacher – Chatham
- Middle/High School Subject Matter Experts