Work at Dimensions Family School
Dimensions Family School is an educational support center serving homeschooling families with two locations: one in downtown Durham and one in Chatham County. We are often looking for part-time teachers and mentors, and occasionally hiring full-time positions (particularly for Fall). We are a holistic homeschool support program with a diverse group of students. All class sizes remain small, at a maximum of 12 students.
If you have experience with teaching or child development or are are a subject matter expert with an advanced degree, feel free to reach out – we are often looking for excellent staff members.
If you have been out of the workforce for several years, this will not be a detriment to considering you for the position. Please apply! Dimensions seeks to support parents in re-entering the workforce after taking a break for family care. Stay at home and homeschooling parents, as well as parents with other part time employment, are welcome to apply. Dimensions Family School is committed to retaining a diverse staff and student body; therefore, minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Paid positions may include care for your own children during work time (negotiable, if needed). This position will work between the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday, September through May, with optional Summer Camp hours in June and July (times may vary). Paid planning time is covered, as well as a benefits package.
If you would like to apply, send an email with your resume attached and a cover letter that includes the following information:
- Your hours of availability 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday, and compensation requirements
- The ages and subjects you prefer to teach
- An optional paragraph about your experience or related education with the student ages/subjects described above
- A paragraph that sums up your educational philosophy
- Ask a question you have after reading the Dimensions Family School website
- Explain how you would handle setting up an activity that will engage a classroom with students that are two years apart or have significantly different academic abilities or learning styles.
- Describe three materials you would consider vital to your classroom.
Hiring for Fall 2017:
- Durham: Spanish Language teacher (other languages considered
- Durham: Part of Full time Foundations teacher ( Upper Elementary)
- Durham: Math and Science Teacher
- Durham: Middle/High School Subject Matter Experts
- Chatham: Forest School Teacher/Program Director (ages 4-8) Part time to full time. This position combines elements of the Discovery and Wondertime programs at DFS Durham, as well as outdoor programming.
Chatham location: Foundations Teacher (ages 7-12). Part-Time: 10AM – Noon Monday – Thursday with afternoon teaching opportunities available. Possibility of teaching classes for teens based on candidate’s interest. We are looking for someone who is excited about create this new outdoor-focused and academically rigorous student experience.